In Q&A in the Kitchen Season 2, Episode 23, with Jack Lowe, Westley Dickerson, Jimmy St John, and DaVo, discuss if Tattoos and Piercings are still part of the Modern Primitive Movement and the underground or if they are just mainstream. This comes from a question submitted by a viewer:
"Do you feel that body modification still represents an act of rebellion against colonial body politics, despite its increasing social approval? Or has body modification as a rebellious act been acculturated by the forces of capitalism?
Does body modification continue to represent an urge toward 'modern primitive' (and away from colonial) lifestyles; or has it become a kind of postmodern narcissism?"
To Watch the Video Version go to https://youtu.be/uepAIqJg3ls
Q&A in the Kitchen is a series where Professional Tattooist and Body Piercers discuss common subjects relating to the Body Arts. If you have a question that you would like us to cover in the future, please comment below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this episode, our panel is DaVo from Axiom Body PIercing - https://axiompiercing.com/, Jimmy St John, Westley Dickerson, and Jack Lowe from Skin Kitchen Tattoo - https://skinkitchen.com.
Check Out Our New Merch Store - https://teespring.com/stores/bpt-channel
To listen to the podcast version go to:
- Buzzsprout - https://www.buzzsprout.com/263610
- Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/q-a-in-the-kitchen/id1454849876
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/4X1MxKlznsoPmHvCUX8zCT
- Google Podcasts - https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8yNjM2MTAucnNz
- iHeart Radio - https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-qa-in-the-kitchen-31156441/
- Overcast - https://overcast.fm/itunes1454849876/q-a-in-the-kitchen
- Pocket Cast - https://pca.st/45E6
- Castro - https://castro.fm/podcast/702c6978-4de5-4d4b-a964-4eb38f245bc0
- Podchaser - https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/qa-in-the-kitchen-812663
Body Piercing & Tattooing Channel Links
- Website - https://bptchannel.com/
- Youtube Channel Page - https://www.youtube.com/c/BodyPiercingTattooing
- Our Merch Store = https://teespring.com/stores/bpt-channel
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bptchannel/
- Twitter @channel_body - https://twitter.com/channel_body
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Body-Piercing-Tattooing-Channel-112580290467919
For more information on the Skin Kitchen go to http://skinkitchen.com.
To book a Tattoo Appointment email us at email@example.com or call 515-255-4430
For more information on DaVo and the Axiom Body Piercing Studio go to https://axiompiercing.com
Contact DaVo at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 515-966-4814
If you would like to set up a Piercing Appointment go to https://axiompiercing.com/booking
Coffee supplied by and brought to you in part by Death Before Decafe. For more information go to https://www.deathbeforedecafdsm.com/
Skin Kitchen Tattoo and The Axiom Body Piercing Studio are located at 3800 Douglas Ave./Des Moines, Iowa 50311
Tattoo hours are Thursday - Monday 1-8pm
Piercing hours are Thursday - Monday 2-8pm
All footage was filmed using a Canon EOS 80D - https://amzn.to/3mohWDb with Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens - https://amzn.to/3bb5PV4, Canon EOS R - https://amzn.to/386Y1BZ with Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Lens - https://amzn.to/3jkvptO and Canon EOS M50 - https://amzn.to/37yuovU with Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 is STM Lens - https://amzn.to/37Etg9S
Audio - Recorded with Audio-Technica AT875R Line + Gradient Condenser Microphone - https://amzn.to/2XiCMuT and Tascam DR-70D 4-Track Portable Audio Recorder - https://amzn.to/2KuteqG