- Always wash your hands before touching your new tattoo.
- Gently remove the bandage after the bleeding has stopped (1 - 2 hours). If the bandage sticks or will not remove easily, wet the bandage with lukewarm water and carefully remove the bandage.
- Gently wash the tattoo with lukewarm water and mild hand soap. Pat dry with a clean paper towel. For the first three days, repeat this step three times daily. When the tattoo starts to scab or flake, continue to wash, but be careful to not pull off any of the scabs or flakes. Pulling the cabs off will damage your tattoo.
- Apply a small amount of Aquaphor Healing Ointment or fragrance-free hand lotion to your tattoo 3 to 4 times a day for 7 to 10 days. DO NOT USE VASELINE OR NEOSPORIN.
- Do not get your new tattoo excessively wet while it is healing. NO SWIMMING, HOTTUBBING or BATHS while your tattoo is healing. Showers are OK. NO SUN or TANNING BEDS for 60 days. Sunbathing will cause a pigment change in your skin, which will cause a pigment change in your tattoo.
- Never pick, scratch, poke, prod, or rub your tattoo. You just received a great tattoo. How you take care of it will determine whether it stays that way.
- If a rash or redness occurs discontinue using the aftercare product or lotion. If the rash or redness persists after 3 days consult your physician.
- Special Care is needed for areas like the foot. Limit your use of shoes and socks for the complete healing duration. Open-toed shoes or flip-flops or anything that doesn't rub against the tattoo and allows the tattoo to breath is best. Tattoos on the feet take a great deal of care because hands, feet, and face have the greatest risk of rejecting the tattoo. These areas are not guaranteed. If a touch up is needed a fee may be applied.
Skin Kitchen Tattoo and The Axiom Body Piercing Studio will be re-opening on Saturday, May 16th, 2020 for Tattoos and Piercings by Appointment only and with some restrictions. Both will be operating with our normal hours listed below.
The Following Restrictions will be applied:
We are only tattooing and piercing by appointment.
Only the person with the appointment will be allowed inside. Unless you have mobility issues and require assistance. If you are a minor child getting pierced, please bring a guardian.